Travelling with bicycles on Trento Malé Mezzana trains
Trains on the Trento – Malè – Mezzana line as from 26 June 2021
The trains travelling on the railway line between Trento and Mezzana offer a bicycle transport service for a maximum of 4 or 8 seats.
On the Mostizzolo – Mezzana line section, train + bicycle services are offered for a maximum of 60 seats..
Bicycle service can be booked up to 2 hours before departure. Without booking, travel cannot be guaranteed.
- The cost is 2 € per passenger and 2 € per bicycle.
- Payment (mandatory) can be done via Credit Card or Google Pay.
- Discounts are applied for holders of Trentino Guest Card (with Guest Card code) and of Euregio Family Pass (with "euregiopass" code) cards.
- The client will receive an e-mail with a QR code for on-board validation.
- Booking is available 24/7 up to 2 hours before departure.
- Clients are invited to print out the receipt.
- When paying with Trentino Guest Card or Euregio Family Pass, the card must be carried on the traveller’s person.
To book, click on this link. The booking procedure is illustrated in the following video.
- Up to two child carrier trailers are allowed on all transport trains, as long as they are folded up and with the rudder detached;
- On trains offering space for 60 bicycles, up to two open child carrier trailers may be transported, placed in the areas indicated by the conductor;
- E-bikes are allowed on trains, but their loading and unloading and the hooking onto the specific supports are care of the traveller.
On BikeBus trailers:
- E-bikes are not allowed on BikeBus trailers;
- a maximum of 3 child carrier trailers is allowed.
Travelling with bicycles on Trento Bassano trains
Timetable from 1 September to 11 December 2021
All Trentino Trasporti and Trenitalia trains travelling in both directions on the Trento - Borgo Valsugana – Bassano del Grappa railway section provide bicycle transport service (up to a max. of 6).
Bicycle service can be booked calling 0039 0461821000 before 4 p.m. the day before the requested ticket.
Without reservation the service could be not available.
- E-bikes are allowed, but their loading and unloading and the hooking onto the specific supports are care of the traveller;
- child carrier trailers are not allowed on board.
Bicycle transport on suburban line buses
It is possible to transport bicycles on suburban line buses but this is limited to the room available in the baggage compartment into which the passenger must load the bike. For this reason, travellers must check first that there is room. The availability of space varies and depends on bus model. On average, about up to 2 bicycles can be transported.
We suggest you bring along elastic straps with which to block your bike and limit its moving around in the baggage compartment. The Company will not be held liable for any damages to the bicycle occurred during transport.
Only one-seat, normal traction bicycles (i.e. not motor-driven) are allowed on the racks and in the baggage compartments. This means that electric bicycles and scooters will not be allowed on board.
Bicycle transport on the cableway
It is possible to transport bicycles on the Trento-Sardagna Cableway, but the cableway operator must be alerted first. A special run is dedicated to the transport of bicycles.
Bicycle transport is currently not allowed on city buses.
The provincial rate for bicycle transport is 2.00 € for each section travelled (regardless of distance). This rate is applied to all trains and suburban buses within the borders of the Province, including the Trento-Sardagna cableway.
Free transport of folding bicycles
The Provincial Council – via resolution No. 1229 of 12 August 2019 – has ordered, with immediate effect, the free transport of folding bicycles, as long as they are in folded position, on all suburban public transportation lines, trains and buses with baggage compartment (where present and when room is available) of the Autonomous Province of Trento.